Date: Saturday, July 19, 2003
Time: 2-5:00 PM
Place: BJ Tanner Custom Cabinet & Furniture
21 W. Auburn St.
Manchester, NH 03101
(603) 627-9663 (627-WOOD)
Featured Guests: Herb Singleton, Sound & Vibration Analyst and Brooks Tanner, President of
BJ Tanner Custom Cabinet & Furniture
Subject: Do-It-Yourself (DIY) Audio Products
Please join us as we jump into the world of Do-It-Yourself (DIY) audio. BAS members and New England audio enthusiasts are invited
to show off your DIY speaker and electronics projects at BJ Tanner's workshop in Manchester NH on Saturday, July 19 at 2:00 PM. Attendees will have
a chance to listen to DIY projects, and discuss technical and woodworking issues with experienced DIY'ers and audio professionals.
DIY'ers will have the opportunity to explain the design and engineering of their projects before the listening sessions. This will
allow the group to share DIY hints and encourage discussions on the various hurdles that may come up during the design and construction process. Afterwords,
Brooks Tanner has graciously agreed to give a tour of his woodworking shop and he will share some insight into woodworking techniques. Finally, we will
have some measurement equipment on hand if any DIY'ers wish to determine the objective performance of their projects.
Please note that it may get quite warm inside the shop, so please dress appropriately. We plan to provide an amplifier, CD player,
and suitable interconnects. If anyone would like additional hardware/software provided, please contact Herb Singleton at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Attendees are encouraged to bring their
favorite recordings for the listening sessions.
- BAS Business
- Project Demos/Listening Session
- Shop Tour
- Audio Measurements & Mingle
DIRECTIONS: Directions to BJTanner Custom Cabinet and Furniture (Drive Time: 1 Hr & 10 Min)
From Route 128:
· Take route 3 from route 128
· Stay on route 3 through Nashua. Route 3 exits, and the highway becomes the Everet Turnpike which goes through Manchester
· Proceed to directions at bottom
From Route 93:
· Take route 93 to Manchester
· Take the Route 293 exit (It is the first exit after the Rt. 23 exit, Derry)
· Pass Mall of NH on the left, stay on Rt. 293
· Route 293 will exit north (just after the Merrimack River Bridge) stay on Rt. 293.
Proceed from above directions
· Take the Granite Street Exit
· At the end of the Granite St. Exit turn right, crossing over the Merrimack River.
· Take a right onto Canal Street (It is the second light after river, just over RR track)
· You will be facing the Bee Bee Shoe retail store
· BJ Tanner's Cabinet shop is in the mill building, across the street from the Bee Bee Shoe
· Park on side streets. DO NOT PARK IN ASSIGNED SPOTS. Use metered parking only.